I have been buying custom photos, audio and video for several years now. It’s the perfect way to have your fantasy brought to life on your entertainment medium of choice. It can also be a little pricey depending on your situation. When I started purchasing customs I tended to stick with producers who weren’t “stars” so to speak. The price was usually very affordable and quality of content and production was a bit haphazard. Some delivered studio quality product and others looked like they were shot with a potato. That said, some of those mp3’s, photo sets and videos are still in heavy rotation here to this day.
I eventually started to approach some of the more well known models in the field, those with a proven history in not only making fembot content but also delivering on their orders. Plus I had a baseline for what I was getting. I’ll use Kendra James as an example because she’s probably the most famous (in our circle anyway). Kendra had dozens of fembot videos under her belt before I bought my first custom from her. I liked almost every single one and felt confident that she knew the genre and how to approach my request. Sometimes a little peace of mind is worth a couple of extra bucks.
Here’s a few things you might find helpful if you’re thinking about ordering your own custom video.
- Try to be as respectful as possible. This is their job. I try to be polite and most producers are wonderful, down to earth people. Sometimes things go sideways. I’ve sometimes gotten my money back or received the video/mp3 when I’ve been reasonable and understanding. I’ve never received a refund after being a dick. Your mileage may vary 😉
- Tell them what you’re looking for. Be specific. They can’t read your mind (well some really seem like they can!). You’re about to spend a lot of money (see #3) and you want it to be perfect. I was very guilty of not following this one in the past and the results were not always pretty.
- Be prepared to spend some money. I’ve paid as little as $50 for a short video and over $1000 for more complex requests. Pricing can vary depending on the talent, script, complexity and number of actresses and often times a camera guy and other crew. But hopefully you are getting a product that you wanted specifically done your way. It’s a nice treat.
- Be patient. While some producers can crank your custom out the same day, it’s more likely you’ll be waiting for a week or two or even longer. Bombarding their email or Twitter asking where your custom is doesn’t help you. If it’s been longer than you agreed on, go ahead and send an inquiry but try to remember #1, it does help if you find yourself in a dispute.
- We have a pretty good reputation as a community amongst most providers and producers even though it can be difficult to cater to such a diverse amount of specific kinks that often times are the exact opposite of what the next guy loves about this fetish. Let it serve you well if you decide to order a custom from an established producer. And don’t be afraid to try someone new. I miss more than I hit but it’s a great feeling discovering someone who not only makes great content for us but who genuinely enjoys doing so.
This isn’t a hard and fast rule book for how to conduct yourself and I am not some authority on the subject. These are just things that have worked well for me in my interactions with content providers.
My experience with the dozens of producers I’ve commissioned media from has been 99% positive. I’ve been burned by a few small accounts and received nothing in return before. Sucks but it happens. I had one producer berate me for 2 days straight through email because I cancelled an order that was already a week overdue. These are the exceptions and not the rule however. Most of the time we both walk away happy.
Ordered a custom and had a different experience? Have a more specific question that wasn’t addressed? Let me know in the comments.